Saturday, March 12, 2011

How to Make Brownie Pops

This weekend I had to make 225 assorted cake pops, including 4 types of cakes, brownie pops, rice krispie treat pops, and marshmallow pops.

I had never made the brownie pops so I bought the brownie pop pan with my 50% off coupon at Michael's. I wish now that I had bought 4 of them. One batch of brownies will fill the pan 4 times. Let's just say it was a long baking time for one batch.

I mixed the ingredients together.

I then filled each cup about 2/3 full.

I baked them at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Then I inserted the stick and baked for 9 more minutes.

I let them cool for about 5 to 10 minutes and then pushed on the bottom of each cup to get the brownie out of the pan.

I let them cool about 30 more minutes until cooled completely.

I chose the pink candies to dip the brownies in.

I let the excess candy drip from the pop by tapping on the wrist that held the pop.

I placed the pops in a Styrofoam block until they dried.

For the rice krispie pops, I pressed the mixture into a square pan lined with waxed paper, let it cool, then cut it into squares. I then inverted the pan onto another pan to let them continue to dry.

At first, I placed a stick in each treat and tried to dip it. I found out quickly that they needed time to dry out (several hours) and the stick works much better if attached with melted candy. So if you do rice krispie pops, make them the night before you want to work with them. The rest of the dipping process is the same as cake or brownie pops.

No comments: